CJFS offers two types of transportation; 1. Buz-A-Bus and 2. Private transportation in our CJFS automobile with a CJFS staff member accompaning passenger to appointments and errands. Please read below to learn about both options.
What is Buz-A Bus?
Buz-A-Bus is a door-to-door transportation program of Collat Jewish Family Services designed to help those disabled and/or 60+ years of age maintain their independence. It is a 14-passenger bus with a wheelchair lift.
How Can I Ride The Bus?
- Call Buz-A-Buz at 870-1010 and a social worker will return your call to set up an eligibility screening.
Where does Buz-A-Buz Go?
Buz-A-Bus goes everywhere in a five-mile radius of the CJFS offices on Montclair Road:
- Mountain Brook
That means you’re only a phone call away from doctor and professional appointments, beauty and barber shops, grocery stores, work, banks, fitness centers, religious institutions, friends’ homes and social activiites and more!
Who can use Buz-A Bus?
- Eligible riders: adults age 60 + and/or disabled adults
- Buz-A-Bus serves eligible clients of ALL races and religions
- Riders must be enrolled as members of the program prior to riding the bus
How much does it cost to ride?
- Each one-way ride is $5 (fees may be adusted for those unable to pay full fee)
- There is an annual membership fee of $30
When is Buz-A-Bus Available for rides?
Buz-A-Bus Hours of Operation are;
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Friday, 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Private, Escorted Transportation
CJFS professionals provide private, escorted transportation services in our CJFS automobile. Our staff accompanies the rider as they attend appointments, shop, or run errands. This service is available for destinations outside the 5-mile bus service radius.
Fee: $18 per hour.
Please contact Robin McMilin, LCSW , 205.879-3438 (ext.7107) for more information.