Food and Gift Card Donations
To learn how YOU can help keep our Food Closet fully stocked and organized to serve low-income clients, please contact Jennifer Nemet or 205.879.3438
Donate non-perishable food items or grocery store gift cards to help keep the CJFS Food Closet stocked with the foods individuals and families need on a daily basis to make ends meet. No meat or shellfish products, please.
Tips for donating food:
- Basics are Best, and think of making a meal - peanut butter, crackers, and jelly; tuna/salmon, mayo, and crackers; cereal & shelf-stable milk or milk alternatives; pancake mix and canned fruits; pasta & tomato sauce; canned beans and rice.
- Our elderly and disabled clients have special needs - consider purchasing some products with reduced-sodium or no added sugar, or shelf-stable convenience "entrees" for our clients who cannot cook (vegetarian items, please).
- Expiration Dates- if you are making room in your pantry by sharing with CJFS, please check dates before making food gifts. If no date is printed, we cannot distribute the food.
- Buy One, Get One FREE - think of CJFS if you have room in your cart for special offers of "free" non-perishables while doing your own shopping.
- Donate at the J - Drop off non-perishable food donations in the CJFS bin in the lobby at the Levite Jewish Community Center, 3960 Montclair Rd, LJCC hours are:
- Monday-Thursday:5:15 AM TO 9 PM
- Friday:5:15 AM TO 6:00 PM
- Saturday:12:00 PM TO 6:00 PM
- Sunday:6:30 AM TO 6:00 PM