Donate non-perishable food items to our Kosher Sensitive Food Closet – we can never have enough! In-kind donations are accepted on an as-needed basis, (see our Wish List below.)
Donate non-perishable food items to help CJFS keep our Food Closet shelves stocked with those basic food items people need on a daily basis to make ends meet or feed their families. No meat or shellfish products, please. Another great item to donate is grocery store gift cards of any denomination. These cards never go bad and are needed year round.
Tips for donating food:
- Basics are best, and think of making a meal - peanut butter, crackers, and jelly; tuna/salmon, mayo, and crackers; cereal & shelf-stable milk or milk alternatives; pancake mix and canned fruits; pasta & tomato sauce; beans, canned vegetables, and rice.
- Our elderly and disabled clients have special needs - consider purchasing some products with reduced-sodium or no added sugar, or shelf-stable convenience "entrees" for our clients who cannot cook (vegetarian items, please).
- From your shelves to ours - if you are making room in your pantry by sharing with CJFS, please check dates before making food gifts. Regulations forbid us from distributing expired food. If there is no date printed, we must discard the food.
- Buy one get one free - think of CJFS if you have room in your cart for special offers of "free" non-perishables while doing your own shopping, and make an appointment to make a drop off at our food closet.
In-Kind donations are a great way to support CJFS and receive a tax-deduction. A perfect example of a most meaningful in-kind donation is a car. You tell us you want to donate a car and we take care of all the details.
Other in-kind donations are accepted on an as-needed basis, (see our current Wish List, below). Due to space limitations, we are not able to accept donations of clothing, furniture, household items or toys unless there is a specific need. Please check with us first. Also, by law, we cannot accept donations of used mattresses under any circumstances.
IMMEDIATE DONATIONS NEEDED:
- Laptop computer - to enable client to work from home
- 2-piece Dinette Set
- Ladies' Size 2X/XXL/24 casual skirts and dresses
Other Client Needs:
- Functioning Car or Truck
- Gift cards to grocery or retail store
And we need YOU for delivery help! -- We oftentimes cannot find a truck and a few people to help make pickup/delivery of these in-kind donations happen. This is an occasional need and really requires a buddy system, i.e., two men and a hand truck and/or muscles. Contact Debbie Bunch to say "Call me; I might be able to help from time to time!"
To inquire about donations, please contact:
E-Mail: Debbie Bunch
Phone: (205) 879-3438
This Month's Connection Articles
- Our Stories - Client Video - How CJFS Touches Our Lives
- 2013 Hands Up Together -Thank you Collat Family and our Sponsors
- Debbie Bunch Shares her Story
Web Page Updates