We provide guidance, support and resources to assist you or your loved one in maximizing and maintaining an independent and dignified lifestyle. If you are responsible for the care of a disabled, ill, or aging relative, CJFS can give you the security of knowing your loved one is receiving the same care and attention that you would provide. CJFS offers personalized coordination of care for those who need assistance managing the tasks of daily living, particularly aging adults and disabled individuals. Our licensed social workers provide:
- Needs Assessment - Our licensed Social Workers meet with clients and their families to complete a comprehensive assessment of clients’ well-being, safety, and medical, emotional, and physical needs. Based on this assessment, the Social Worker creates a detailed, personalized treatment plan with recommendations for CJFS services and other community referrals that can enhance the clients’ quality of life.
- Care Management and "Just Like Family” Assistance – After needs are identified and a plan is developed, our knowledgeable, experienced staff can assist in the plan implementation, offering as much – or as little—assistance as desired, including:
- Arrangement of medical appointments and communication with doctors
- Coordination of in-home personal care
- Monitoring of in-home or nursing care
- Payment of monthly bills
- Assistance with applying for community resources
- Resource Referral
- Ongoing communication with family members
- Social and emotional support
- And, whatever else it takes when a family member cannot do it all
- Counseling – Our Experienced, Licensed Clinical Social Workers offer individual and family therapy to cope with age related or other issues that may be affecting aging adults and their families, such as:
- Failing Physical Health
- Lifestyle Transitioning
- Caregiver Stress (click for more information)
For those clients who are home-bound, our staff is available to make a “house-calls” to provide the counseling services you or your loved one may need.
All of our counseling and social service support is completely confidential, adhering to all legal and professional standards.
To make an appointment please call: 205-879-3438
Our Care Management Services fee is $75 per hour. Sliding scale fees, based on ability to pay, are available. Medicare accepted for eligible services.
Understand Your Prescription Plan! Medicare Stand Alone Prescription Plans change every year and so do your needs. If you need to know if your current prescription plan is the best option for you, or if you are picking a plan for the first time, CJFS is here to help. Open Enrollment for 2013 is now closed, but please look for updates beginning in September or October for next year's enrollment. During this time, you can choose a new plan or change your current plan for next year. For additional information and/or to make an appointment for an individualized consultation please contact Amy Peetluk at 278-7131. Family members welcome. This is a free service provided by CJFS. Donations are appreciated!
This Month's Connection Articles
Web Page Updates
- Client Needs List
- BRCA + Support Group
- Caregiver Support
- In-Home Services
- Food Closet
- Mitzvah Opportunities
- Current Opportunities